POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : CSG Newbie-esque question. : CSG Newbie-esque question. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 02:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  CSG Newbie-esque question.
From: pslock
Date: 26 Feb 1999 19:30:18
Message: <36d73c9a.0@news.povray.org>
I am currently working with POVLAB.  I have a basic understanding of CSG's
in POVRAY, and have started working with POVLABs supported CSG option, but
am having some trouble.  Basically, I'm trying to make a hole between 2
objects, but I can't get it to work.  Is this simply a POVRAY
impossibility, or a POVLAB limitation?  I have 2 tubes, both of which are
vertical.  When I put something between them, like say a cube, and then
perform a CSG Difference operation on ONE tube and the cube, the cube
makes a succesful hole in that tube as expected.  However, I have no clue
how to make a hole clean through both tubes.  I performed different
Difference operations, but the only thing I usually wind up with is 2
invisible tubes with the cube as visible.  I've tried playing with the
function, but I cannot seem to get this to work.  I respectfully ask for
some serious help....I can't seem to figure it out.  Thanks in advance...

psl### [at] nmiacom